Monday, July 23, 2012

Mirror Mirror on the Wall

So, a bit back I blogged about some junkin' finds that I was really pleased about.




Thought I would give you a progress report photo on the metal piece. THANKS HELEN for saying put mirror in it. I was thinking it might be a frame. I thought wrong, I guess! Love it as a mirror!

What fun!

Here is what it looked like before two different colors of spray paint, gesso, and several applications of Ranger Vintaj Metal Patina paint.


My new favorite thing, are these glazes...and playing with metal. 

It is still just a work in progress as I really want to add some flowers...which I still have not found yet. Bring on the shopping!


Good thing we are visiting our old stomping ground this week where those things are right around the corner.
We are in Corning NY, which is for sure a fun destination for anyone included to learn all about the history of glass. 


And then there is the matter of getting the mirror nice and clean too and some hangers for the back. Just might HAVE to keep this project...

What do you think so far?

Here is a close up so you can see all the various shades and the little itty bitty little metal pieces I made to cover existing screw holes. Aren't they adorable?



I might be in love...but it's the green patina....

Hope your Monday is going well and you are getting a lot of things accomplished!

9 comments:

  1. That mirror looks stunning & I really like how YOU are in the photo! The colours in the paints are marvellous & yes, those little metal bits are VERY yummy. Enjoy your break...looks a v nice area...beautiful:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI.. this looks wonderful as a mirror and I know it will be a stunning piece in your home.. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow yes the mirror is perfect in there. Loving the glazes you're using and you know I have the perfect flowers for you in my handmade stash. Do you want them to try?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the mirror, Mitra. Too bad the picture doesn't show how rich looking it really is. Can't wait to see the finished project, I'm sure you'll find just the right flowers. For sure it should be a KEEPER.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you really have a gift for making altered projects. This one is fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  6. sgh - just love green patina...

    Another stunning work of art - you are on a roll!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You never stop amazing me with a little bit of this and that, some thing beautiful comes out of transformation, if that makes sense... Love those colours you went with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am desperately in love with this piece!!! I had to order myself a whole pack of those Tim Holtz metal things you sent me just so I can smother them in paint and gesso too!! This is simply beautiful - that green verdigris colour is ammmmmmaaaaayzing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a gorgeous piece! The patina is wonderful and I do believe it was meant to be a mirror after all!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!